Sunday, February 7, 2010
Friday, February 5, 2010
1. my friendship with Jessica...jeg elsker du :)
2. A major crush on a grad student J.D. (which have some very funny stories that go along with it)
3. Love of danish interior...
4a. The hottest teacher of my undergrad! (Apparently I was a little boy crazy back then...love ya lulu)
4. Dogme 95 this artful film making was established by directors Lars von Trier and Thomas Vinterberg. Danish dirctors who estabished these set of rules as found on Wikipedia.
The goal of the Dogme collective is to purify filmmaking by refusing expensive and spectacular special effects, postproduction modifications and other gimmicks. The emphasis on purity forces the filmmakers to focus on the actual story and on the actors' performances.
- Filming must be done on location. Props and sets must not be brought in. If a particular prop is necessary for the story, a location must be chosen where this prop is to be found.
- The sound must never be produced apart from the images or vice versa. Music must not be used unless it occurs within the scene being filmed, i.e., diegetic.
- The camera must be a hand-held camera. Any movement or immobility attainable in the hand is permitted. The film must not take place where the camera is standing; filming must take place where the action takes place.
- The film must be in colour. Special lighting is not acceptable (if there is too little light for exposure the scene must be cut or a single lamp be attached to the camera).
- Optical work and filters are forbidden.
- The film must not contain superficial action (murders, weapons, etc. must not occur.)
- Temporal and geographical alienation are forbidden (that is to say that the film takes place here and now).
- Genre movies are not acceptable.
- The final picture must be transferred to the Academy 35mm film, with an aspect ratio of 4:3, that is, not widescreen. Originally, the requirement was that the film had to be filmed on Academy 35mm film, but the rule was relaxed to allow low-budget productions.
- The director must not be credited.
What is the point you ask
Tonight I watched Rachel Getting Married which I started watching because of Ann Hathway and her rumored performance and I almost wet my pants at the Dogme 95 style I saw...I was so excited! I forgot how much I love this sytle of filming and to me it really makes the experience of the film intensify in the performance. I also love loved the multicultural feel to this film, I thought it was beatiful and like poetry. A must see in my book and better yet now you know all about Dogme you should netflix these few movies and shake it up...
Italian for Beginners**
Elsker dig for Evigt***
These are my top 3 favorites and worth a watch!
*lot like Rachel getting married
**I own this movie it is so funny to me
***Crazy sad and good!
- Menu planning makes life easier
- Never turn your back on a baby who can scale chairs and tabels
- Writing theory papers...fun in theory, not fun in realtity
- OMG how many papers can profs agsin for 2 weeks!!!
- I want an ipad and my brother has teased me endlessly about it...
- Need to do something fun this weekend..but mostly I need to do homework
Something excited and totally scary happened today...more on that latter.
Finally-the new blog, I am transtion our blog this weekend. Like I said this one is more exciting and glamours that this ole blog has been. I will let you know the new link, after I get everything transtioned.
Posted by Lane at 2:29 PM
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
I need to write creatively today. Not about a social welfare topic because being a MSW student is all about saving the world, today is my day off ;)
Recently a woman by the name of Andrea at Superhero Journal posted on her life and her thoughts about making space.
Then Zoot posted these questions:
What do you think? Do you constantly find yourself amazed by other people online yet can’t see yourself in the same glowing light? Do you allow yourself pride in your work? Pride in yourself? Or do you give that pride to other people who are probably struggling with the same things you are?
I feel like the online community that I read is a group of a bunch of amazing people with their own gifts and talents. I am not sure how I fit into all of that. But I sure hell know that I can't compare myself to anyone with experiences and talents that I do not have. Yet I do, and while I want to be a super crafter with a super etsy shop, all the while being a super social work and a super wife and a super mom....(lol) Just writing it down looks like a crazy person...
The two bloggers mentioned above both have in many ways inspired me. Zoot for example inspired me to read Twilight, which has saved my sanity over the past year. I am not even kidding about that! That series has provided me an emotional space to get away from the heavy people problems that I have been encountering in social work and that is inspiring.
While I struggling with trying to do to much. I am a "yes" lady. I know that I can't do it all. (For example not dropping of SATC to Autumn when I said I would on mon.) But also knowing that I will get their tonight and I bless their family with a meal as well :) In the long run we can only do what we can. For me that means doing something nice for someone everyday and enjoying every minute with my family.
Something that I am proud of is this...I stop pumping in December. But I was able to breastfeed and pump for 9 months while being away from the home for 60+ hours a week. It was a huge accomplishment and I felt really close to Milli and my mechanical baby (my breast pump :)) While I have taken less pictures of her and got to be around her less, I still feel like being in school, working, internship have all made me a stronger and better person. I feel really satisfied with the variety that exist in my life and how I get to transition from worker, to pre-professional, to mom.
In the end it is a beautiful life and that is something to proud of.
Monday, January 18, 2010
What my children have done to me...well for one saying you will be somewhere and then never showing up. Well, I am sorry that I had to miss my friend's ablum release party this past Sat. But in an attemptto earn their love back, check out the viedo above. (Bridgette is even shaking an egg!!!)
No really listen and love! and then buy