Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April Fools-No Joke

So instead of putting up a sick joke like this. I thought today I would write something that I thought was a joke but is actually not a joke at all…

Did you know that Compact Florescent Light Bulbs (CFL’s) contain mercury? WTFhemier? I was really shocked to read this this post. I had no idea. I thought like so many others that they were just normal lightbulbs, but were great for the environment. I was so shocked and disgusted that I wrote to Jason DeRusha at WCCO 4’s good question….he replied with this informational video about how WCCO had covered the topic. (Seriously read the posts you will need this information! if you use CFL's)

The bottom line here for me is that as a person who underwent some serious health concerns at a young age and found at least 5 others with similar health problems from the Duluth area. You can not even eat fish when you are pregnant because of the mercury that is in our enviorment....

I can not help but think that what is in our environment that is a KNOWN toxin is being used in a casual manor. I am sure many people are just tossing out the suckers like any other thing….that is what I would have done. So please if you can share with someone this Not a Joke on April Fool’s Day. (Follow the hard and fast rule at the Cavanaugh Dinner Table that one random fact a day is a great thing.) Our children will thank us (at least that is my goal and Al Gore’s :))

No comments: