Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy 2010


Happy 2010, it is a new decade people! How exciting is that. The best thing about having my birthday on New Year's Eve, is I always start the new year with a new age. I like that!

I was looking at my goals from 2009 and I met about 2/5. I did a great job finish craft projects that I started, and I think I let go of a a lot of expectations about letting my "job" define who I am. In 2009 we WELCOMED a new person, Milli. Who has again changed and redefined our lives completely. Matias became a big brother and a big personality. I accomplished a big life goal of being accepted into Master of Social Work program. I think as a mom we let go of some activities that were weighing us down.

2010-I not so much want to define it in specifics but rather words.

Make every moment count- This is our family motto this year. I think that this describes everything I want to accomplish this year. I want to make every minute a worthwhile experience. Even grocery shopping. What we buy and who we buy it from has become increasingly important to me. When we are cooking and playing spending time with my children, with my first trimester (of school) behind me, my time was limited and I missed them a lot. So I want to make the most of each day.

Look Forward-I really want to get some grown up stuff settled this year. Like getting a will and a better life insurance policy. I want to think about my health and how long do I want to be here and how do I want to live it. (Well!!!!) I think the more purposeful we can be in our actions will effect the end result and that is why I want to look forward and dream big.

Restart- Finding a couple of activities that restart me. I love yoga, knitting, reading a good book. I hope to look towards a few things that make me a better nicer person to be around. I want to be able to give to my family the best of me after a long day of work. I feel that with Luis's new work schedule that will be able to happen.


No comments: